Garden Angel

                                                                  Garden Angel
                                                                      12"x16"
                                                                      Acrylic
I almost called this little guy "Chubby Cherub" as I really loved his chubby cheeks and plump little arms and the stubby little feathery wing.  He is deep in the garden and the shadows.  I did the backgrounds that I am beginning to love, with sloppy acrylic and saran wrap, I just love all the different textures you get (I also hate doing backgrounds).  Think I did a better job of controlling the where the paint went in this one.  I put on the gloves (no more green/blue hands for me, thank you) and kind of finger paint where I want the colors to be.  Of course you never know what you get until it's dry.  Aslo trying to get that blotchy stone work where the stone discolors for a variety of reasons.  There actually is a tinge of green in parts of this statue as well to indicate it lives outdoors. 
Hope he gives you a bit of a smile and have a great weekend.

Comments

Unknown said…
Gorgeous Nelvia....xo
hmuxo said…
You captured the garden cherub beautifully, Nelvia. I love the colors in the background as well...nice work!
Jane said…
Aww he's adorable, and great background too !
He is so sweet! I like the background and have sometimes done the same thing. I wonder if the shadow in the wing is a bit strong because the other shadows in the cherub are not but I don't know your reference so I guess you know what you are doing - lol. Have a great day Nelvia!
Ik vind het super gedaan had in eerste instantie niet eens door dat het geschilderd was lieve groetjes Danielle
Nancy Goldman said…
I love your beautiful background and it really makes the cherub pop!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Julie, got to,do the co Ben thing you got going, because such creativity
Nelvia said…
Work g on new-techniques using flour, weird I know, but ...
I love these background because I just put it on and wait for fate to tell me if it works
Nelvia said…
Thanks Jane, got to remember to do,what we love
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, took another look. It leaving as is even if a,tad dark, not sure I could make it better
Nelvia said…
So good to,hear from you Danielle, love your sculptures
Nelvia said…
Am going t Connie t,refine this background tech ow i.e. because with smaller effort and small control I think you get th better result. Thanks Nancy for atopping by

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo