Rue de Petit Champlain WIP

I have been busy this week shutting down the garden, yessss!!  I always look forward to it when it begins in the Spring, but by Fall, I am tired of weeding, trimming, cutting plants, did I say cutting plants, cutting plants??  This year I cheated and had it done by someone else one time to get it back to down levels that I could work on, not having to climb a ladder as I value my old limbs.  Going to do that at least once or twice a year as it makes it so much easier.  I sure enjoy it when I can sit with my glass of wine on the porch, but have a hate relationship when I am sweating my derriere off (sigh I wish I could sweat it off)

Why I went into the above is usually after a couple of hours I am feeling the manual labor so not in the mood to paint.  But something about this picture is spurring me forward and I feel like it is coming together - at least at the base coat level.

I don't know what exactly, but something has changed in my mind and it is reflected in my painting.  While still a bit intimidated with the complexity of this shot I am moving forward and liking the results.

I usually do Leslie Saeta's challenges because of the benefits.  While I don't take them as seriously as the first ones I did, I still try to push myself and afterwards there are good things coming out of working on lots of little pictures.  One is finding way too many things now that inspire me to paint them (I was getting lazy and nothing excited me), and secondly I think that "something different" is that I have put in a lot of time and strokes working with acrylics/color and that I can concentrate now on the story in the picture and not so much how to paint it.  Or, maybe it is just that I am working from either Paul or my photos, but it sort is a from life experience and that is going onto the canvas as that little something extra.  I know not what, but I am sure glad to see a move forward as I have felt like I was treading in place for quite a while now.

Appreciate your stopping by and the support from my art buddies - means a bunch.


Comments

This is coming along nicely . It already has depth to the street.
hmuxo said…
I can't wait to see what you do next....love it so far...another challenge!!!! Lol
You are doing a great job on this Nelvia! I so understand about not feeling inspired - I haven't painted anything for two months. I keep waiting for things to calm down - lol.Glad you got your mojo back!
Nelvia said…
Oh boy, perspective, forms it is a struggle. I am close but think some is still a bit off. Paul thinks the street might be too narrow. But if that is the worst I can pics with it. Receding people sizes should help,as well.
Nelvia said…
Paul is busy looking at pictures and making suggestions. Scary because now he is excited about some of my pictures. Each has its own challenges so should be good learning experiences. Your Grand Canyon confirmed in wanting to do red rocks Sedona, so I have that drawn but not in process yet. I admire you walked on that glass bridge, it would have given me the willies.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val. Am taking your advice and stepping back and away often. I go through these periods and guess we all do. That is what is so,great about art buddies is you learn you aren't alone or unusual. You have been so busy this summer you needed a break. Will look forward to seeing what comes next.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo