Rue de Petit Champlain

                                                            Rue de Petite Champlain
                                                                       Acrylic
                                                                       18"x18"
Think I am going to call this one finished.  Been fussing on it so that must mean it is time to stop.   If it was looser don't think I would be so darn worrying about details.  Of course it will stay out for a bit and I still have some of the sides that I have to finish, but this is it. Think  will pair it with the Auberge du Tresor painting and put them up together.  Have a few more Canada shots to try as well, but time to switch subjects for a bit.

Lots of stuff going on in this picture and hope that it all works.  Some of it is per the reference and others I took a little literary license.  Think that my blobs turned out ok for people.  Not sure if I diminished them in size too quickly, will have to do some more studying on that.

This picture makes me think fun and feels like it is a perfect Fall day.  I must say I did manage to leave the sky alone so it does have a bit of the yellow underpainting showing through.

Thanks much for taking a look and hope this makes you smile too.

Comments

Helen said…
It works. It looks like a memory... a story... more than a place... a time.
Very nice.
H
Nelvia, I love it . You must feel very proud of this one.
hmuxo said…
Wow!!! Beautiful painting Nelvia!!! Finished beautifully with all the added details!!!!
Jane said…
In spite of the business in this painting it all really comes together, a true wow piece !!
Unknown said…
Stunning. Love the inference of words on the signage but still out of focus.
Nancy Goldman said…
This is perfect Nelvia. I wouldn't change a thing. The thought of painting something so involved makes my head spin!
Nelvia said…
Hi Helen, yes it is a memory and a a fun one, so I am glad that came across. Think that is what I am going to concentrate on is expression instead of technique. See how that goes for me. thanks for taking a look.
Nelvia said…
You know it is opposite of what I wanted, but the more I look, the more I saw that needed to be included. So much for loose. Oh well, always can try again. Now on to the red rocks of Sedona. What colors did you use for the Canyon? Oranges/rusts of pinks?
Nelvia said…
Thanks much Jane, I am so glad you are back and posting again, really missed you. As always appreciate your support and thoughts.
Nelvia said…
Hey there, yes this was supposed to be loose. I don't think I have it in me. But I did get there a bit with the signage and the people so maybe there is hope. Something we'll have to talk about when we get together. Thanks for taking a look.
Nelvia said…
HI Nancy, thanks for taking a look. Glad to always have your thoughts. Yes it really intimidated me until I just concentrated on taking it a layer at a time. When I got frustrated or tired I just stopped and stepped back and came at it again in a while. But I am thrilled with finally being able to do a landscape/cityscape - maybe I am passed the mental block that I can't do them.
Absolutely super and your people 'blobs' work just fine. I did find that the two blackish marks on the right side - finial on the railing and a sign(?) were a bit distracting but they do leave one guessing. Well done, Nelvia!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo