The Homestead


This is a picture I am doing for a friend.  while it isn't the most exciting picture it does really show the vastness of Colorado and the rolling hills.  My friend is standing on a hill that looks down onto his property and he is in process  of building the cutest "tiny house" that his wife designed.  So what I really wanted to feature is the wide open space of land and sky.  He says Colorado usually has the bluest skies so I just put the clouds over the ridge line.  As you can see I am starting to work on the foreground but before I go there I have to work on the tree masses below on the right-hand side.  I am planning on adding more flowers than what you are currently seeing in the reference.  But I am looking for a way to give it a bit more zap.  I do like how his arm is pointing to island and the small dots that are his car, shed and soon-to-be house.
So guys I am looking for suggestions and if you see something that is out of whack for me to correct while I still can - much appreciate having you take a look through neutral eyes.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

I think you are doing a darn good job on a difficult subject - lots of different planes and subtle differences. The only thing I really noticed is the road: in the photo it disappears behind the slight rise right in the middle of the picture and then shows up again farther away. Good luck with this Nelvia - such a challenge.
hmuxo said…
I like it! I don't see anything wrong here Nelvia. You're not finished yet so you'll see what needs to be done as you go along.. I can't w sit to see the next post!!!
MYSTELIOS said…
It's beautiful to discover your world, your paintings full of colors, poetry and life !!!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, appreciate you taking a look. I am going to put the road in there on the right because I think it helps define the property lines, and it is all about the homestead.
Nelvia said…
Glad you are ok with this and that it is reading spacious. I am not sure but I might add in some trees on the plane on the left so that it reads better and keeps the eye moving back to the picture. A little ad lib I think.
Nelvia said…
Hi there, thanks much for the really nice words. I want to get some life and pizzaz in this picture and am glad you are seeing some. Just the flowing land should add some movement. Going to spend more time on your site as I really admire the architectural aspects of your pieces.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo