High Point Wolf/Moon landscape

                                                                           High Point
                                                                             16"x12"
                                                                              Acrylic
Well I am not sure I am really done with this picture, but my mind is done with it.  I was working on some new techniques and using watercolor canvas.  Very different textures than paper.  The reason I tried this rather than traditional is that it is a bit smoother.  Am working on a new one where I gessoed 3 layers, sanding in between, to try to get a smooth surface.  I guess that is what I have adapted to working on paper all of these  years.

I never really thought of the teal/purple/black palette before but I really like how it all works together.  I must admit that I am at a loss right now as to what to do with the left side of the mountain range.  I added a bit of color but really wanted the focus to stay with the moon and wolf, but it does feel empty.  So rather than keep working on it I am going to call this experiment complete and move on to another project that I am excited about.  Still working with a night sky.

Thanks for stopping by an taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said…
I LIKE that teal/purple/black palette!
Joan Tavolott said…
Love the depth of color you have in this. The wolf and the moon are so great. Lovely job!!!
hmuxo said…
Excellent work!!!!
Super sky and moo, Nelvia. I think this is one of those pieces that need to get put aside for a while so you can come back to it fresh. It has great potential!
Sheila said…
Love it all, but the textured moon really catches my attention.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo