Littlest Brush acrylic child's portrait

Littlest Brush
Just had a friend tell me I was working too hard, too much and was supposed to be retired.   Got to say she has a point.   I have taken on several large yard projects (topdressing the yard, putting 12 steps up my berm and then killing all the weed/brushes crap that the builder's land clearing has put in my yard).   If you are asking am I little bit controlling yes, that is why I am doing it rather than hiring someone else - paying a lot and not really getting what and how I want it.

So, moral of that long paragraph is I haven't been in the art room until today, recuperation day, and I have been utterly art starved.  I really feel the difference in my stress levels - I just haven't gotten my release.

The Art Sherpa has a term for the children who paint her tutorial - Little Brushes - I thought that was so cute.   When I saw this picture and this child so full of life, color, energy - I knew I just had to paint her.   This  is one of my clean the palette for the background and then again, am trying to paint suggestively by adding patches of color where needed.  This subject worked perfectly with this technique.  Now, still have most of the afternoon so it is off to my adventures!!

Thanks much for topping by and taking a look.

Comments

carol edan said…
She is just lovely emerging from the abstract background!
She is charming Nelvia - so full of life and laughter - great job!!!
Sheila said…
Stunning work Nelvia. Her joy is infectious :)
hmuxo said…
wow...love all the colors in her face Nelvia. you have an amazing technique ...she's adorable.
Joan Tavolott said…
The color and the movement in this are wonderful! This came out so great!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait