Well here is the culmination of this weekend's work on Bear.  He is still taking his dear sweet time coming on the paper, but at least he is beginning to take shape - could at least eat or drink something now that he has a mouth with big teeth.  Still quite a bit of work to go and then a fair amount of tweaking on his coat.  I still keep fussing over several sections on his face, erase redo, but like the way his left (really his right) shoulder came out with the variations in the coat texture.  Now that I have more graphite on the page his eyes don't look too bad and I really like the difference between the color and black and white.  Of course that might be because he would normally be mostly black anyway.  He is turning into a handsome boy, not like the boy below.


I framed up Rosco and that Boxer boy is going to go to the office with me and keep me company until I replace him with the next love of my life (we won't share that with Paul).  Poor baby really is homely.  I am still debating if he needs some background, certainly would help define the left side, am going to have to keep thinking about that.

Hope everyone has a great week and draw draw paint paint to your heart's content.

Comments

renate said…
Dear Nelvia:) I don't think you're aware of your own qualities. This is so good!! This is beyond normal talent. Please realise. I love the eyes. It's such an special color. I love it already!
My husband is listening to music of David Gilmore (Pink Floyd). I hear this lovely music and looking at your great drawing. I feel so good inside!! Thank you:)
Rosco deserves to be framed. The frame is beautiful!
sidmar said…
Great drawings Nelvia, keep up the good work and happy drawing.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo