Well going out to work with the ladder on cutting back my pine tree, so thought I better post while I had all limbs in working order. 
This is what I've gotten done this week on Abby and am not really happy about it at this point.  Lost my momentum after being out of pocket for two weeks.  I have put in the base on the right side of the face, and need to do more detail and mid-tone work, will continue on through tomorrow but she might get scrapped and I might start her again.  Goal was to do a graphite realistic portrait prelim and then try to do her in color, so might just go to that route and move on to color.  Will have to see, but am concerned if I don't resolve it here I will just carry the issue forward.
Was trying to just blend in my usual method and then got going in circularism and erasing, and now I feel she is somewhat overworked as I went dark and light probably too many times. 
Good practice on her blonde hair - started with the left background and will definitely bring that up to medium.  I like the left side of the face, it's the right that I am not pleased with and might just be around the eye area - think I'll erase it out and try whole socket again.

Comments

renate said…
He Nelvia:) Start all over again? I just loved the hair part. It so nicely done! Why not just erase the things you don't like? I think you are to hard for yourself!!
And did you manage to cut the pine tree safely? If not; can I have a photo of your broken leg??? :):) (joke) Please be carefull with these things will you?
Nelvia take care! xxx
Nelvia said…
Sorry no pics all limbs are in tact, both on me and high part of tree so will have to attack another day. I am trying to see if I can find her again before I quit, will post again and see what you think. :). Thanks my dear
Beatriz Abel said…
Hermoso retrato, muy tierno!
Nelvia said…
Hermoso retrato, muy tierno!
Ik vind haar juist zo'n mooie uitstraling hebben gewoon door gaan het komt goed vertrouw op je zelf en je kunnen lieve groetjes Danielle ik zou het leuk vinden als je een keer op mijn blog komt kijken.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo