Well here it is the end of a long weekend, not sure I am ready for it to end,but what can you do, got to eat, so got to work. 
After 3 days and 4,000 video tutorials I finally got a watermark on my paper, but I still am not doing it correctly, having issues as they say.  I guess it must boil down to being a different edition or it doesn't really like Vista because I can't easily save to my picture program and I don't get the same text boxes all the other folks get, got it once, but don't know how I got it. First time I uploaded the image it pulled up only pulled half the tiger, got no clue as to why that happened, but I did it and it's there (for now) Don't laugh!!!  I am going to keep on keeping on and will get the better of this GIMP yet, actually each video says it a bit differently so maybe if I hear it enough different ways I'll get the hang of it.  At least I am learning the tools :)
My tiger is coming along, worked on his back and had to get the ear in, then can continue down the side and guess I got to get under the chin in as well. It is pretty tedious, or it was this weekend, and I think I've changed how I'm doing the hair from the beginning to now and also the colors even though I am trying to keep it similar.  I am really bogging down with the black pencils, can't get them dark enough now, maybe I have too many sheets under on my drawing board and will have to check against how it does on my board on my easel.  The black ink is used as helping to overlap hair over other layers (sort of blending), also use the white gel pen to do the same thing and in some instances I am scraping with a knife to break up the solid waxiness of the hair. 
The other picture is of Abby, my friends little girl who is just a doll, she has curly blonde hair and that is what I am trying to get as well as trying to get a softer complexion for her.  If I can pull this off I am going to have to try to do her in color as she has the lightest blue eyes and just perfect peachy skin.  Broke my unwritten rule as I didn't do both eyes at once as I was concerned it would smear as I was working the picture.  Probably shouldn't have done the first eye just yet, but it really helps center me so see them looking at me.
Hope all have a great painting week and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Dear Nelvia is difficult for me,watercolor lover, to understand your problems...I read with pleasure but I always do not understand at all...I wish you good work on your tiger!She is very expressive and... I'm waiting for the final WOW!
Happy painting!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo