Here is an update on my Grand Canyon - we are battling it out.  It is taking so much time because I keep redoing it to try to get what I see onto the paper.  Still much to go, but I am getting happier and think I am finally developing a technique to do these stratas of different colors.  It will and has required that I redo some of the other plateaus though.  I realize even in shadows I need to put color to reflect the truly uniqueness of this wonder of the world.  So far am getting much better at mixing colors as I have kept a limited palette, am employing and using a painting knife, and learning to be more confident with a larger brush and the softer stokes you get, and learning that what's sweet about acrylics is that you can glaze. 

Comments

Wow,it is looking awesome!!!
hmuxo said…
This is coming along so beautifully, Nelvia and it looks like its going to be one of your very BEST paintings...I am SO impressed!!!!
Beatriz Abel said…
Me parece que esta siendo demasiado exigente con usted, este cañón esta fantásticamente retratado, la gama de colores elegida es muy acertada, hermoso trabajo!
Nelvia said…
Thanks so much C, hoping I can get this completed, such an awesome place.
Nelvia said…
Oh Hilda thank you so much, such a compliment. Yes I hope now that I am retired I can find my voice and style and niche. Wonderful time of exploration. Right now.
Nelvia said…
Hi Beti, been a trial but just keep pecking away at it and hope to get it down as I see it on my head. Glad you like the color, so much color when you see it in real life. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo