While I am still working on the Grand Canyon I am doing these ATCs. they are so much fun and because of the small size, 2.5"x 3.5" they go quickly and give you the ability to work on different papers and with different styles.
The sunflower is because Renate got me thinking about them, her picture was so fresh and sunny that it made me want to put some lights into a dreary day.  The little bull dog makes me think of Christmas - wouldn't it be wonderful to open your mail box and get that bundle of joy (and other things).
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Alexander said…
you know sunflowers are indeed a very rare motif for painters like us :) ...... i m sure it relaxes your mind enough so that you can keep going on with the great canyon. great one this will be
renate said…
Hi Nelvia:) I had not seen this post till now. Your sunflower is so much nicer then mine. Especially the heart of the flower! The background goes perfect with it. So nice. And I want the bulldog. Yes yes!! Very original:) It gave me a big smile. Thank you for it:)xxx Hugs and a big kiss.
Nelvia said…
I tried a real cropped sunflower for a friend a few years ago, kind of Georgia O'Keefe, and thought it turns out well. They are such fun flowers and always look to me like they are smiling.
Nelvia said…
I liked your sunflowers and they inspired me. Want to try a few more, even drooping they have character. I saw the dog and just had to paint him. I don't want one, but he would be hard to avoidfalling in love with.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo