A Little Attitude

                                                                 A Little Attitude
                                                                       11"x14"
                                                                   Color Pencil
I had a couple of titles for this picture, Little Geshia or In Training, but I really like the pose and the attitude she is holding so hence the name. An artist at PMP, Sally Ann, does the most beautiful color pencil pictures and inspired me to dig out the pencils and do a pidcture as I haven't done one for a while.  I was not only intrigued with the subject but the intricacies and silky patterns of the kimono.   I hate backgrounds as I am never good at them and decided to utilize a background effect I had seen previously keeping it simple but effectively framing her. 
Ever since I found a sharpening tip I have gotten such better tips - hold your pencil (color, charcoal or pastel) in your left hand.  Snugly put the sharpener over the tip and rotate the sharpener with your right hand (if you are a lefty reverse and use your right hand)   It doesn't put the stress holding it in your right hand
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you enjoy this short holiday week.


Comments

Meredith Adler said…
H Nelvia, I love seeing your CP work! And what a lovely subject. I am so happy to hear you are going to 30 in 30. I think we can help each other keep it lighthearted. Is this the correct blog to follow for your 30 in 30?
hmuxo said…
A beautiful drawing Nelvia! I have some colored pencils and always want to draw but never do! Lol. Maybe after the Holidays! Hmmmmm! Perfect title as well!
Very nice! The clothing is great. I really admire people who can do such lovely things with colored pencil as it is a medium I can not get excited about trying - well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait