Koi


                                                       Koi
                                                    16"x20"
                                                    Acrylic
 One thing I love about these koi paintings is that you can hang them
most anyway.  Here is the same picture just turned to all four sides.
This is sort of more abstract as I put the fish in first and then put the background in.  Since the paint for the background is so liquefied it really spreads when you put the saran wrap on top of it and I think it makes it look like the water is actually more over the top of the fish.  You can compare to the previous post where the fish have all found edges and let me know which you prefer.  Also which way would you hang this picture?
Thanks much for stopping by and have a great day.



Comments

no up or down - what fun. I guess you have to leave off the wire on the back and let the new owner decide which way it should hang. It looks good.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, yes I did one a few years ago and owner put hanger on sides she liked and changed it up,regularly. She kept it in the office cubicle and went with whatever her mood was. Appreciate your looking.
Nancy Goldman said…
I've heard that the sign of a good abstract is that it can be hung in any direction. I think you've accomplished that with this painting.
One of my favorite subjects to paint is Koi. I haven't painted any for a while and now I'm inspired to try again.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo