Bottle Study

While I am wiring on a more complex picture I often need to take a beak and thought I would try these bottles with reflections.  While this looks like a simple straight forward picture, compliments of Viacheslav on PMP, I found it hard to stay with just a few strokes.  I usually want to fill in all the information.  But this accomplished a couple of things for me, I wanted to work on color Artagain paper, as I have used the black in the past and wanted to see if the performance was the same.  And then I wanted to try to do the reflections.  Think I am going to try to do more of Viacheslav's still lives in pastel just for the practice.  He has such dramatic lighting, guess it is that Russian lighting that adds so much mystery and depth.
Thanks much for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
A beautiful study Nelvia! Nice reflections...
Very nice Nelvia, I like the vignette feel.
Helen said…
I love this... elegant simplicity.
H

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo