Tiny Bubbles

                                                                    Tiny Bubbles
                                                                        12"x12"
                                                                        Acrylic
Yes I am old enough to remember the song.  I hate to admit that I have caught myself humming it as I worked on this picture and probably won't get it out of my head for a while.  Hey whatever needs to be done for inspiration.

Anyway, this is acrylic on my hot pressed watercolor paper and was mainly done in a watercolor type style.  I had the best time with this - actually started drawing it during the 30 in 30 challenge but never completed it.

Anyway, the stone fountain bowl is watery acrylic with flour in it for texture and then used the toothbrush to splatter.

All the rocks were done with really sloppy watercolor and then other colors were floated on top and smeared around.  Oh boy that is going to be my new way to do rocks.
I was drawn to this picture, a reference shot by Kathy Blake of PMP primarily because of the colorful rocks and also the bubbles.  I wanted to see if I could get the translucency.  Only thing  didn't get as translucent as I wished was the stream of water.  Water is going to be some of my next projects as I haven't done a lot of water pictures and want to see f I can figure it out.

Anyway, Happy Easter weekend and thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Flour in the paint? What some people won't do to get an effect! It took me a bit of time to see the bubbles - photos just don't seem to capture everything! This looks like it was quite a challenge. Good luck with future water pieces, Nelvia. Happy Easter!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo