Dryad

                                                                             Dryad
                                                                            10"x10"
                                                                            Acrylic
I always used to worry that I wasn't a real artist.  I was pretty much programmed to take a picture and go with what was there.  Worked out well since I did a lot of portraits and had little time to dream - matter of fact I almost forgot how to dream while in the work world.  However one of my goals for 2016 was to actually try to compose pictures out of multiple references and utilize my imagination more and see if I could find the creativity that I thought really makes an artist.  Thank goodness for the blender apps that help you visualize what you are thinking.

This started out thinking about and looking at my photos of Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island, GA.   I then found the woman's photo but none of my shots was tight enough to incorporate the portrait.  
So I utilized my standby of PMP and selected two photos to try to make a fusion - the portrait from Alex Lee Johnson and the driftwood stack by Allankah.  

Because Alex called it Autumn, it brought about thoughts of a wood nymph or spirit of the tree.  Then it came down to finding the correct terminology, a Dryad, which is a mythical tree spirit in Greek mythology.  As I am always interested in fairies, nymphs and other assorted things I thought this might be a perfect  format to create the spirit.  I know that I created  it a bit more realistic than a spirit, but haven't figured out how to get a ghostly image over another background - but I will before the year is over as that is just the way my mind sees some of these fusion pictures.

Anyway it has been lengthy but fun and I was able to keep my enthusiasm for the project all the way through.  Guess the main message here is keep trying and the creative juices will flow.  Know mind are on the weird side but - heck they are creative juices none the less!!  Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
I LOVE her....so magical Nelvia! Congratulations on a beautiful portrait!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo