Angel


 
                                                                     





                                                                                                  Angel
                                                               Acrylic
                                                               8"x10"
Well this is kind of like golf, you practice and think you have it on the range, but when you take it out of the course all bets are off.  Here is my contemporary pic trying to incorporate the underpainting and glazing techniques I worked on with the Vermeers.  

This terrific photo reference came from Viacheslav on PMP,  this is his son and all that curly hair was a nightmare.  Not sure that I really got his mouth and eyes quite right either.  May have to go in and try to see if I can correct that so he will sit on the board for a while.  Sometimes it better to just continue on and continue with more portraits hoping to see if I can get more of this technique down.

Ok, I have to admit that I had a couple of splotches, not happy accidents, on the top of the background so decided to do a bit more splatter to incorporate them as part of a background, sort of break up the solids.

Thanks much for stopping by and have a super week.

Comments

Well done Nelvia. I think you have the expression pretty good. the whole thing is like a blue tone pic of the original - you moved him out of the sun and into the shade - lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait