Pegasus acrylic fantasy

Pegasus
12"x9"
Acrylic
Well you know I have been interested in doing skies, which led me to try the moon, planets and nebulas.  So here is another nebula.  I like doing them as it is about as close to abstract as I am going to get, it sort of gets me closer to the surreal world.  

QUESTION:  So, what do you get when you take a surreal painting, ADD Pegasus = Fantasy.  Yep, I am calling this the first fantasy piece that I have done and I really enjoyed the heck out of it.

The right side of this nebula was rather empty and I thought it would be perfect to add some type of animal.  Lisa, Lachri Fine Art, who I follow on YouTube, adds in whales to her space pictures.  I rather liked the idea of a flying horse.  Could be either a unicorn or Pegasus.  However, I must tell you it took me three tries before I got the right horse, and then several more drawing adventures before I got the right size.  Yes, I measured, but it just didn't look right when inserted.  then I was dealing with the focal pint, I am within the rule of thirds, but the focal point, horses head wasn't quite there, but I think it is close enough.

One really fun thing about doing these space scenes is that you get to just swish or dab the brush all around.  these gases streak and clump and the clouds are put in and then washed back off to leave just a bit of residue.  Hope I can come up with another fantasy piece!!

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is really nice Nelvia. Fabulous color!!!!
Nelvia said…
I do like the combo of diox purple, pthalo blue or ultra marine for these backgrounds. Such rich colors. Hoping I am letting my brain loose on these ideas
Joan Tavolott said…
Wow!!! The sky is gorgeous and your did such a beautiful job on the horse. I love the way your mind works.
As I wrote on FB - this piece is fabulous! I like the impression of the double moons and they balance the Pegasus perfectly. Well done Nelvia!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Joan for comments in multiple places. I worked this morning on picture references and think I have a couple ideas to try out. Stay tune.
Nelvia said…
Thanks much Val for commenting and sharing. I am thrilled with how this first one turn d out. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and when you try it doesn't work again, so fingers crossed.
Sheila said…
WOW! Close enough, LOL. I think this is perfect :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo