Woman acrylic Pop Art Portrait



HAVE A SUPER LABOR DAY HOLIDAY!!

I decided not to do the September 30 day art challenge, but then I decided I am going to try to do a few days, but not be a slave to it.  I needed to come up with a theme.  Well I have to tell you when I let my right brain loose, it tends to go astray, sometimes far far astray.     That happens even though I still only get one martini per week!!

In a couple of weeks we will be back in Washington DC, and spending a lot of time at the various art galleries.  One of the areas I walk through very fast, or never visit, is the modern art areas.  Got to admit I just don't get it.  What with all the dots (except Chuck Close, I love him), paint splatters or canvas painted all red, called Red - I just don't get it.  So thought I'd try some of these styles to see if I can gain some appreciation and this time, spend some time in those parts of the gallery.

Yes, it's a beautiful day and I am feeling a little frisky and wanted to have some fun.  Something simple and quick, just a couple of hours, and oh yeah, COLORFUL.   I am in the process of trying stuff and I thought pop art would be the next adventure.  Want to tell you I know little about pop art, watched a couple of YouTube videos and thought - I'm going for it.  Just wanted to have some fun,  I picked some photos and wanted something bold that could really be simplified.  So I took this little lady, and no, this isn't a selfie.   I wanted to do it more pop art or comic book style, so all the wrinkles just disappeared by magic (wish I could make mine do that).  Anyway, this is the first try, got to study pop art images on google and see where it takes me next.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Sheila said…
You are a pop art Genius! This is so fun, and her cat in the hat, hat!
Oh well done Nelvia! What a great expression and you nailed it. Have fun with this project.
Jane said…
This is fabulous and fun , love it !! Hope you had a great summer.
Joan Tavolott said…
Love it! What a fun idea!

After doing the plein air event I don't have the energy to do the 30 paintings in 30 days. It is easier to get into that during the winter. lol

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo