The Vixen Pop Art acrylic portrait



                                                                 The Vixen
                                                                   9"x12"
                                                                  Acrylic
Well am giving this pop art things another go.  I liked the idea of some of these crossing over into fashion art as well.  I have a couple of different treatments from pure pop to street art that I am going to try.  Decided to go ahead and make this more the pop art treatment.  Got some elements of the comic in it, but added a bit more facial shading so it isn't totally flat.  But I do have unconventional coloring.  Can't say I am really happy with the way that the hair turned out.   I would definitely need to look into or practice that a bit more.  I have to say thought that this is really fun and I love the boldness of the color blocks.

Not real sure of the color choices, but I know that the red and yellow pop against each other and didn't want to have a lot more blonde/yellow color in the hair.  I really do like it with the dark hat and lighter hair and think she would make just a wonderful spy.  Might have to try her that way since I have it drawn up.

Oh yeah, I changed paper, I have a lot of this watercolor paper, it is light weight and really does tend to buckle.  It straightens out again as long as I have it taped, but it really doesn't like water and has too much texture to do with with graphite of CPs.  Just trying to find some way that I can use it.

Anyway, thanks much for taking a look.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
I like the bold color choices. What a fun project to try!
Sheila said…
Nice! I like the dark hair, it adds mood to the piece. Have fun Nelvia :)
Jane said…
Love this one too, great series. And love your versatility !
Very bold and different. I rather like her hair and the tongue peaking out but I think the hat brim needs to be bigger on the left side and her neck a bit thinner. Fascinating subject tho and you did a great job changing it.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo