Left Waiting figure study

Left Waiting
Today was another experiment of painting an abstract background and then finding something.  I wanted to paint mostly today trying to tell a story with emotion.  I saw the arches in the abstract and have wanted to paint a lady from behind for quite some time.   However, it isn't easy to find a reference photo of a woman from behind.   Don't ask me why, but there aren't many of them.

Anyway, after deciding on the figure I felt that the background was way too much and that I would need to quiet it down a bit.  Hence the arches were the perfect way for her to view into the woods/garden.   

I felt that the slump of her shoulders was what would tell the story and that is what I used to derive the title.

What do you see in the abstract?   What could be another story?

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.


Comments

Sheila said…
The arches were a good call Nelvia ;) My fist thought was "Walking Away". She decided she had enough. The final scene in Private Benjamin came to mind. The main character finally realizes the man she is about to marry is a schmuck. And that he is never going to change. So she decks him, and walks away. LOL. They show walking triumphantly down a long tree lined drive. Your woman may not be feeling triumphant, but she is nobody's fool. :)
Joan Tavolott said…
Great painting! I love the background and the figure. My thought when I saw this is "What's Out There?" She seems like she has stopped and doesn't know if she should continue through the arches.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo