Victor Acrylic portrait

Victor

Well it has been quite the busy week.   Always lots to do when you get back from a trip, but I also have been planting trees/shrubs.  Since the developer took all the trees, and it has gotten really quite hot we decided to go ahead and put in some things to give us vertical lift and something for the birds to run to.  Plus, this week's lesson was pretty involved so I just got finished watching all 5 videos.   I have that started and am taking some pictures as the collage is pretty wild at this point.

I don't think there is anyone that hasn't been touched in some manner by cancer.  This week's lesson had drips and it made me think of tears. The abstract background came together it it looked rather chaotic.   When I saw this reference photo it immediately made me think of a cancer survivor.   While this is not quite the mixed media painting of the lesson, this painting needed to be painted, so she kind of jumped ahead in line of all the other ideas.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

carol edan said…
Would love to hear her story! Love the abstract background!
This is very strong Nelvia! The vibrant colours and the determined expression on the girl's face make me think of life and fighting. well done
Sheila said…
The determination on her face is inspiring Nelvia. I love everything about this. The textures, the strength, the light. The background is awesome. I am awed at how it is strong, and a star on it's own. And yet, it does not compete with or take away from the stunning subject. This is a wonderful work of art. :)
Joan Tavolott said…
This is wonderful! I love the abstract background and the yellow color and red circle really make the woman stand out. Bravo!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo