Ok, here is Dots completed.  Yes, in the photos they really do have a lot of pink skin showing around the nose/mouth area and even up into the forehead, guess they have thin skin or it is because their hair is so short.  Really think I should have had more pink around the eyes as well, perhaps next time if I get adventurous and try all three as in the reference photo.  Am happy with the final nose color, it may be a bit purpler than in real life, but ended up using a magenta, black, brown, more black, and pink. 
Not so sure I like the neck area but that is what I get for messing up and getting my image reversed - can you say DUMB. 
Anyway for the addition of color I feel confident enough to try another one with color.  I already have another subject, also from the PMP library, selected and think I will have a lot of fun with it.  Can only tell you the title I've selected "Yes I think I'm sexy, and I know it".  (No Alexander, not you this time :)"  So now that I gave you the clues you can see if reality matches your expectations.
Hope all have a great painting week.

Comments

Love those eyes,nicely done.
Caroline
Alexander said…
:) are you sure?

but to be serious now, you really really have it with drawing dogs and elephants. It already jumps out of the paper. Applause!
renate said…
Yes Alexander, she is sure! :)

Nelvia, I love this dog! His speaking eyes make me melt and the color of his nose makes him even more cute. If a dog lays down the neck area is exact like you have drawn it, so nothing wrong with it!. You did a great job on it. My compliments!!
I showed it to my hubby again (if you don't mind) and he was very enthoustiastic about it.
Nelvia said…
Thanks for taking the time to leave all of the super comments. Nice to be on this journey with so much support and you all inspire me to get with it. Which I must do as I think I am the only one who hasn't finished the PADT challenge - almost there.
sidmar said…
Gorgeous work Nelvia, well done and happy drawing/painting.
Alexander said…
:) on the other hand I just thought about the very funny video from the group LFMAO "I am sexy and I know it".

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo