Draft Horse Scratchboard

 
Here is the start of my new scratchboard picture from Steve Lyddon of PMP, of a draft horse.  My big challenge here is to take a very dark horse and make him stand out from the dark background.  This is a 5"x7" scratch and right now I am trying to color with pastels, but not happy with the look.  So might dust it off and try it with watercolor pencils.  Think I am a little frustrated so am going to stop on this for a while and work on a photo reference by my husband from the Birminham Alabama zoo of a couple of juvenile elephants - boys of course!!!
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great painting week.

Comments

Jane said…
You set up for a difficult challenge, but I am sure you will succeed beautifully with the horse .
Rita Vaselli said…
Another mission almost impossible, but not for you! Nice week of life and art!
hmuxo said…
I look forward to the next step, Nelvia. Beautiful work.
sidmar said…
Looking wonderful already and you have beautiful postings on your blog:)
Nelvia said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nelvia said…
Ok try again, hate it when the pad spells for me. I am taking a bit of a break and will try to finish again when I am more positive toward it.
Nelvia said…
Some times I think I try to stretch too far, too high of expectations. Will get busy here and send you a nice long note, been meaning to, sorry.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, baby steps, isn't that what they say? Thanks for stopping by.
Nelvia said…
Ah, Sidmar, thanks so much for taking a look and leaving such a nice note. Much appreciated

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo