Show Entries

Majestic Eagle

Yipes!Stripes!!
Ok, I can hear you all right now say tough it up Nelvia.  But I have spent a good deal of this week doing all kinds of new things getting these pictures ready to enter a show.  Always hard when I do something for the first time, and I always am slow at trying new things and really want to get it right so they don't disqualify me for some reason.  The studio that I do life drawing sessions has monthly shows.  I haven't felt up to the challenge of the other artists, but thanks to your support I am going to take a shot.  Joining up and will give at least six more trys at getting into a show.  But the paperwork, the rules, the framing (if I do this much I got to find a framer who knows what the heck they are doing), just getting the @#$@ glass clean on both sides, fixing the scratches on the frame, etc., etc.
Think July is a good month to try, as they have the show in their regular gallery and also are partnering with a local art supply store for a gallery show.  So between the two shows it means they will select about 100-120 paintings, thought that might be better odds for me.  My goal is to get a painting juried into at least one of the shows.  As is usual with these organizations you have to earn points to get status in the group.  Tomorrow is drop off day and judging and hanging later in the week. If I get selected there will be an open-house party mid July, so keeping fingers crossed.  Who knows, I might just go anyway to see who beat me out!!  Appreciate any good vibes from around the world that you can send on my behalf.
Hilda, you can see I ended up putting the Zebra in a floater frame which sets it in about 1/2".  Had to actually glue the board onto the frame, so learned new things about what E6000 glue can do and where it can go!!!  I did not glass it (like you can see my reflections taking the pic on the eagle - Hi all!!)  Anyway there are 6 separate layers of clear acrylic UV resistant sealer on the Zebra, it does kind of have a glossy finish.  So no glass (am adding a note that specifies it is sealed in case the judge isn't familiar with scratchboard).  I am happy that the sealer didn't radically change the pastel highlights I used in the eyes and mane.  Wierd thing about the floater frame, besides the fact they sent no hanging hardware, though it has holes, which I am assuming is for wire hangar, but it is half way down the frame, whether vertical or horizontal.  Which seems low to me, (unsure if that will cause someone any trouble) as I thought the usual place for wire is about one-third down frame.
Hopefully now I can get my mind back on creating something.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Unknown said…
How much work and what a result! I'm happy for you, dear Nelvia. Ad Maiora!
Hugs and kisses, Rita
Jane said…
Way to go Nelvia, of course you will be selected, these works are eye openers !
hmuxo said…
I don't think you'll have a problem getting juried into the show, Nelvia. these are framed so beautifully and your work is wonderful!!! I especially love the zebra..the cropped version is outstanding.... I wish you the best of luck!
Nelvia said…
Rita my Dear, you have been there for me since before the beginning. I never appreciated all you had to do to get your shows ready. I so appreciate your support, your beautiful mind and creative talent. You inspire me so. Love you.
Nelvia said…
Oh Jane, thank you so much. Again you have helped push me into things that have been outside my scope. I sure appreciate it and value opening my pad each day to see the new delights you paint.
Nelvia said…
Him Hilda, I wish you were judging!! Am going to think positive. I know a couple of more times will have it down but all new and scary the first time through. Will update you guys when I hear anything, hoping they won't keep the suspense up too long. Thanks again Hilda for your support. Your work makes me keep trying to improve in pastels, you set a high bar!
Het is prachtig geworden veel succes lieve groetjes Danielle
Nelvia said…
Thank you Danielle for your best wishes, much appreciated.
Nancy Goldman said…
They look beautiful Nelvia. I will be shocked if they aren't juried into the show. Good luck!
Nelvia said…
I am competing with some very talented artists, so ..... Will be glad when I know. Thanks for the good vibes.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo