Heed The Call WIP

These young wolves are from a beautiful reference shot by Angeline of PMP.   I am thinking of doing this in a larger version in two different ways.  I also have a shot of two other wolves that are howling and am thinking of putting them together in another picture where they would hang side by side.  And then, in an effort to continue to try to work larger, put all four of them together in one canvas.
This is in the water mixable oils again, on canvasette paper, and between learning to work stiff, in layers and using Liquin I think I am finally developing a technique that is looser than my normal work. 
Well since Spring has come got to go out now and do some garden work.  No rest for the wicked!!!
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a good start of the week.

Comments

Heel erg mooi het lijkt wel op zijn geest weg loopt van hem Nelvia lieve groetjes Danielle
This one is looking good. I admire your challenge to try new mediums and style and look forward to seeing the finished product.
hmuxo said…
Amazing so far, Nelvia. Wonderful texture on the fur!!
Nelvia said…
Thank you Danielle, Val and Hilda for taking a look. I don't know what it is about wolves, but they definitely attract our attention. One of the things about the oil work is that I do seem to be getting looser brushwork and building texture. Me, I like blended, and so that is something that is going to have to be an acquired taste to get used to. But, onward we go.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo