Orangutan

                                                                      Orangutan
                                                                        9"x12"
                                                                Pastel/Sanded Paper

                                         HAPPY AND BLESSED EASTER EVERYONE!

No, this is not the Easter bunny and I hope that everyone either has had or is enjoying a wonderful Easter Sunday.  Today we have a glorious day, quite appropriate, and hoping to get a bit of porch time in.

Also allow me to do a bit of a victory dance, because ....
DUKE IS IN THE FINALS TWO FOR MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP.  GO DEVILS!!!!

But here is my finished Orang.  This was utilizing several photos, the pose reference from Gary Jones at PMP.  The reason I chose this was I liked the closer crop but also the diagonal line the body makes, adding some movement to the picture I think.  Yes, I am still trying to learn composition!  Gary, by the way is my favorite wildlife photographer - he just has such a great feel and eye for the animals.  I did however change his model by utilizing some of our photos to get the different more blue/gray/black coloring.  The coloring difference from Gary's photo probably means this is a different type of Orang - not sure but guess now that I have asked the question I need to look it up. 

Also this is my first picture using a camera tripod.  Using the tripod I think will be great as it allows you hands free, stability and multiple ways to adjust with no shaky or blurry pictures - I hope. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.


Comments

renate said…
Hello Nelvia:: Wow this is amazing. You couldn't do better! Perfect done. I really love it. The colors , the fur, the expression. You did it!! Happy easter my dear ones:) xxx
hmuxo said…
Beautifully finished Nelvia! I love all the colors in his face....

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo