Heeding the Call WIP Update

Well another rainy dreary day and then 5 whole days of sun - believe it when I see it.  But the good news is that it gives me the excuse to take a day off and play in the art room.  So am going to work on a couple of projects. 
First is working some more on the wolves.  Got to tell you I am still not sure about why everyone goes gaga over the oil.  I guess it does give you the opportunity to smush it around and maybe get softer blends.  It definitely gives texture, but I think you could do that as well with the acrylic.  I guess I am going to try to do another animal piece but in acrylic and then make a comparison, might decide that oil is the absolute best thing.
Does anyone notice anything that is a major problem?  I see something that I did wrong when I painted in the background and it is a major issue, especially for the front wolf.

Thanks much for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

Nancy Goldman said…
I don't see any problems Nelvia. It looks great to me. You do such a wonderful job painting animals.
I fight with oils because I don't like the consistency of them - probably because I'm used to the fluidity of watercolors. When I use acrylics, I usually thin them down and when I don't, they still have a nicer consistency than oils. I guess you get used to whatever medium you use a lot. I'll continue working with oils but it's not my 'go to' medium. I do like using it for palette knife paintings though....
hmuxo said…
The fur is painted beautifully.. I don't see anything wrong with the background..once you finish with the painting you can look at it again. Nice work!!
Jane said…
I don't see anything wrong either , only excellent progress. I prefer oils opposed to acrylics as I don't get the 'fat' texture with acrylics that I do with oils. Maybe I don't use them the right way or maybe it is not the right ones, they seem like too watery for me. Have a nice weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo