Zebra

Well today is date day with my hubby, and since it is a beautiful day, might be the last this year before we get cold and rainy again, we are going to picnic in the park.  We are fortunate to have a beautiful state park not far from here that has ruins of mills destroyed during the Civil War.  They also created, in modern times, a reservoir from the rapids that ran the turbines for the mill.  So posting early so I can enjoy fresh air, turning leaves and my hubby - not necessarily in that order!!
Here is this week's experiment, this zebra is in copper leaf except for the eye and the nose.  I am out on the nose and am seriously thinking I am going to put the nose to copper leaf - but before I do what do you think?  I am thinking right now the gold leaf which I didn't like, covered with several glazes makes your eye go right to the nose and really the eye should be the focal point I think.  
Thanks much for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
I "think" the copper leaf on the nose would balance out the painting, but either way it will be wonderful. An excellent Zebra!! Enjoy your time with the hubby!!! Like you said...the weather will be changing faster than we would like so enjoy it while you can!!
The Zebra is very well done and I agree the eye needs to be the focal point even though it is so small. Good luck with the finishing and have a nice picnic.
Jane said…
You make so many experiments and you pull all of them off perfectly, this is great, but I agree the eye should be the focal point. Hope you had a beautiful day with hubby :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo