Serenity

                                                                              Serenity
                                                                              12"x16"
                                                                     Pastel/Copper Leaf
Today is Friday and I wanted to have a play day.  Thought I needed a breather after finishing Hang 10 and before starting on another water seascape.  Actually thought I would work on them both together, but started with my trusty pastel and just kept on until complete.  This is one of the ladies in a Japanese magazine photo shoot from Judith Jay Jearms of PMP.  She has several shots that I have already used as I have been drawn to the colorful kimonos.  Actually started out thinking I would take this head pose and put it on another shot of her full-length body shot as I really liked the curve of her neck and the way she is holding the fan.  But then decided to do a close crop and add some copper leaf to the picture for the background interest and keep the rest of it simple and enjoy the beautiful tobacco brown paper.
Did her all today from drawing, leafing, to painting, took about 5 hours.  So, either I planned her out really well or she just wanted to come out and get down on paper.  Once I get into a zone I am reluctant to stop as I know the next time I pick it back up I might not be feeling it.  Either way she was a joy to do and will fit very well into my Oriental themed living room (not sure I am going to put her into the store, we'll see).
Thanks much for stopping by and have a super weekend.
After I got the copper leaf down I realized she kind of looks Madonna-like and she does look very serene, hence the title.

Comments

Beautiful
Have a great weekend.
hmuxo said…
Beautifully painted Nelvia! Fabulous job on her fan...beautiful values...
Absolutely lovely, Nelvia! I especially like the light whatever-it-is behind her head and the flowers.
Jane said…
A wonderful portrait with a sweet expression and a great movement of the head and body . Such a great work on both flowers and fan , really well done. Wishing you a great weekend.
Alexander said…
Wonderful both of the paintings.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo