M&Ms

                                                                           M&Ms
                                                                     9"x12" Acrylic
                                                                    Birchwood Panel
Figured I would start the week off with a sweet treat offering and am glad I had a reference picture or I would have eaten the props!!

This was one of my last week projects that I finally got to the "I'm finished stage"  I have been working on two pictures changing off each day while I let the other one percolate in my mind.  The other is quite a large picture as well so it is taking it's time.  This experiment is acrylic on a birchwood panel support and also an experiment in trying to create glass.  I met an artist on one of the 30 day challenges who did such beautiful animals on the wood that I wanted to give it a shot.  I really like how the grain of the wood shows through.

I did learn however that working on the wood has it own issues.  One is, if you want to do something that is a wash it tends to bleed down the grain of the wood so I had to end up putting some paint on the bottom or table part of the picture.  The other is that imperfections in the wood cause their own happy accidents (the light lines in the shadows).  Next time I might try sealing it with clear gesso and see how the paint reacts to that.

Anyway hope this makes you smile and have a super week.

Comments

Oh Well done, Nelvia! You did such a great job on this; the glass is wonderful and the M&M's are edible.
Jane said…
Wonderful Nelvia. The M&M's look so inviting and real , and the work on the the glass is awesome, a great piece ! Wish I could think of original subjects like this !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo