Golden Girl

                                                                      Golden Girl
                                                                         9"x12"
                                                                         Pastel
In 2011 I joined a drawing challenge group, one that I have participated in on and off over the years.  I started because I thought it would:  1)  help  make me be more productive, 2) make me try to paint subjects I wouldn't normally gravitate to, 3) help me meet other artists, and 4) enjoy seeing others interpret the same picture.  Lela has stayed constant in her monthly posting of super subject matter and artists have come and gone but you can follow definite growth patterns as confidence grows in this group.  I was thinking about participating again in this challenge and when I saw that for May Lela has posted a picture of Mimi, her sister, I just couldn't refuse.  Also I needed a break from the battle I am having with another seascape, so this was my morning project.  Thank goodness for my trusty pastels that I can relax with.  I think I am so challenged with the shadows in this photo that I am going to try her again but either in oils or acrylic.  I am trying to get a more free background and hope that Harley Brown would be proud of this one.
So thanks much for stopping by to take a look and have a super weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is a beautiful portrait Nelvia! I love the way you painted her hair and the background is wonderful. Excellent work...I hope to see more portraits from you!!
lovely Nelvia! I really like the hair and the shadow under her chin is great. I like the freer background too; it makes a nice contrast to the portrait.
Unknown said…
Looks great! I want to learn your skills.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo