Hanging 10 WIP

Well I am slowly progressing on this wave picture.  Finally came up with a name for it, maybe have to look up surfing terms.  Can anyone suggest something better?

Anyway there is sure a lot of color in this wave and it is so churned up that it is difficult to not have it all dots.  Guess I should have been doing this in a pointillism format.

As you can see I was finally smart on this picture in that I put together a color chart the first day I started working on it so when I pick it up now I can mix the same colors - or close.  I read all these great things on setting up the picture but can't seem to make myself consistently put it into effect as the pros do.  I still have a lot of the base work to do on the left-hand side and then I really do need to see if I can put some type of structure into the right-hand corner.

I definitely wanted the wave to break the horizon plane and it is going to do that with all the froth and water droplets.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a super week.

Comments

What a challenge! This is looking really good, Nelvia. The only surfer pics I ever see are on Hawaii 50 but I wonder if the tip of the board should be showing? I don't think I have ever worked with a color chart - just play it by eye - lol. Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo