Hang 10

                                                                          Hang 10
                                                                          14"x11"
                                                                          Acrylic
Well this should sit for a while so I can mull it over, but am thinking it's pretty much done.  I could drib and dab forever trying to get this water more structured.  But right now think I am pretty happy with it as a first effort.  Although I didn't end up with a hard and fast water technique - just sort of ended up going with the flow of the moment - am really glad about glazing.   I think there will be many more water pictures in my future as they are really quite intriguing.  It really is all about pattern and tone placement.  I am actually glad I did a color chart for this picture and am going to try to incorporate it going forward.  Will title, date and save for use in other pictures.  (Does this smack of organization?)
  
Paul suggested we take down some of our old impressionist art prints and put up some of my art that I took down when we painted inside (hate to say how may years ago that has been).  Yes, here lives an artist with bare walls.  So time to invest in more nice frames and get busy.  I have always wanted to try to paint over the top of those prints to see if I could have a more realistic Monet with texture similar to the originals, not sure if it will deteriorate the paper or not - but what the heck I'll give it a try.   I might actually learn how to paint more impressionist from the experiment.

 I have, for me,  a huge canvas, 24"x36".  It has been sitting here, again for years, just waiting for me to figure out what to put on it.  So thinking I am going to eventually try to do a seascape on it.  Really want to figure out how to show the power and energy of a crashing wave, so you are going to see lots of waves crashing on rocks as I practice in a smaller size.   Oh well, maybe I should just go for it as I guess I could always paint over it.  Going to gesso this canvas with a couple of layers though so I can get a smoother working surface.  This might be the perfect time to try to use the interactive acrylics for the blendability too.

I had insomnia for part of the night last night and came up with three or four more picture ideas that I want to do.  Man, I just need more time - guess it is time to cut out some of my reading/porch time.  One of the pictures to I am going to have to do thumbnails to figure out where to  put the figure.  Again, another habit that I should be doing, but haven't.  Some are combining some effects that wouldn't normally go together I think, but want to see what the result might be.  Just love this art stuff as it is so fun.

Oh yes, I have been practicing figure drawing off of YouTube models and finally yesterday I got something I was pleased with - granted it was a 25 minute pose, but I see improvement!!!   Yes.

Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a super day.

Comments

Unknown said…
Cannot believe the turbulence of the water - looks like the wave will splatter on me at any moment. The spray against the sky is fantastic and the foam looks like it is so close it becomes blurred in my eyes. YOU NAILED IT!
Nancy Goldman said…
I love this Nelvia. You've created such a feeling of power and movement in the water. I wish I could see this in person!
I'm glad you are replacing prints with your original artwork and it's great that it is your husband's idea. It's nice to get that kind of support. Keep painting!
Well done, Nelvia. I can see that you have lots of plans for future works - it is always nice to have goals - good luck!
hmuxo said…
OH Nelvia!!! This is excellent. Water looks so difficult to paint but you certainly aced it!
I look forward to your next painting!!!!
Jane said…
WOW ! Totally amazing, Nelvia. I can't get over how you made the splash of the water look so glassy and real , really fabulous !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo