Open Tulip

                                                                       Open Tulip
                                                                          12"x9"
                                                                          Acrylic
Well, been away from painting for a few days now and it is hard to get back in the swing.  I got some new colors, yeah, just like a kid in a candy store, that I wanted to try them out.  Found this flower reference from Viacheslav, a wonderful Russian photographer on PMP, and it adds another flower in my graphic series.  He shares lots of lovely still life references.  In this picture I also wanted to do the graphic element in a less precise manner, so used a credit card to try to get a sketch effect, will try it again and get even sketchier I think.
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you have a super painting week.

Comments

Unknown said…
You make all this look so easy and I agonize over everything!
what an interesting composition! A charming piece Nelvia.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo