Toys, Then and Now

                                                            Toys, Then and Now
                                                                     11"x14"
                                                                     Acrylic
This is my DPW challenge piece for this week.  The theme is toys.  I looked at a lot of toys, couldn't get excited until I decided on marbles.  Checking on PMP I found Kathy Throops beautiful glass still lifes.  Lucky for me some had marbles in them and I was off and running.  Got several more of her reference pics I would like to try.
While this was exciting to do it took  me a lot longer than probably a challenge piece should take.  I think if an art critic was waxing poetic he would surmise the artist's intent was showing the transition from tomboy to womanhood.  Both the marbles and perfume bottle are toys of a sort,  Blah, Blah, Blah.  No really once I saw the intricate color bands and how they reflected I was hooked and knew I had to try to paint it.
Yes, I really meant to paint below the tape line onto the "mat area" - not, but I kind of like the result, even though the tape didn't hold the liquid wash.  I'm considering it a happy accident.

Thanks much for taking a look and hope you are having a super day.

Comments

Unknown said…
REALLY like this - agree with the happy accident - adds more character to it. Great job!
hmuxo said…
It looks like watercolor...amazing work Nelvia!!!!!
This is wonderful Nelvia. I had to enlarge it to be able to see it clearly but the combination is great and the execution great - well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo