Yellowstone

                                                                  Yellowstone
                                                                    16"x12"
                                                                     Pastel
When I think of Yellowstone National Park I think buffalo and the geysers.  So this is a combination of photos from PMP, Ann Campbell and funky dragon.  I combined the geyser and added some buffalos into the picture so there would be some type of life - other than tourists.

It also is another experiment with a new support, Pastel Premier paper from handbook paper company.  It is supposed to be "Wallis-like" as they were supposed to have supplied Wallis her paper.  Since I never tried any of it I can't be sure but it is a different type of support.  To me the surface is pretty hard.  I really don't think the pans performed as well on this as they are pretty sheer and I couldn't really get deep color so the colors in the pool aren't as vibrant as they should be.  Also when I put regular pastels to the paper it really eats the soft ones up at a rapid pace.  Will try another type of picture on them and probably not try to use the pans.

Thanks for taking a look.


Comments

Helen said…
I love the two blues in the water and the steam rising. Nice!
hmuxo said…
Actually I like the way the water looks Nelvia! I absolutely love Yellowstone National Park! I did a lot of hiking there and everywhere you look you see another scene that needs to be painted! I love your added buffalo as well.
I don't see your usual deft touch here, especially in the landscape part of the picture - the buffalo are very good. You just never know what you will get when you try something new! Have a great weekend, Nelvia.
Unknown said…
I say it is perfect - nothing needed to tweak. Superb!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo