Wolf pastel portrail

                                                                               Wolf
                                                                              9"x12"
                                                                           Pan Pastel
Well apparently it doesn't take much to keep me entertained.  We are in a really rainy pattern right now and that means I can take some time not in the garden and not feel guilty.

I am still playing with the looser, bolder, chunky look.  Thought I would try this with the pans as the applicator encourages a looser soft look.  Still trying to find those bold swatches of color.  Again working on the Artagain back paper which the pans really like and want to pop off of.  Tried to keep this to a minimum of 4-6 colors.  With the black paper this actually came together in a couple of hours.  It always astounds me at how quickly you can get a picture completed it you aren't going totally for the "realistic" look.  I still think that you get the feel of fur clumps coming through with this look.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
It's amazing how good this looks with just a handful of colors! I love the colors in his fur!!! Wonderful painting Nelvia!!!!!
Jane said…
Oh yes you get the feeling perfectly , love how rich and thick the fur looks , wonderful colors too !
Sheila said…
Perfectly wonderful!
Joan Tavolott said…
You are doing so well with these! I think this method gives a more impressionistic look of the animals. There are a lot of times that animal fur looks "clumpy" and that is what this reminds me of. Great job!
This is just super, Nelvia. I really like the looser style and think it fits these animals so well - they don't look groomed - lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo