Fairy WIP

 Well woman cannot live by doing unpacking alone.  After almost 8 weeks of nothing but moving and cleaning thoughts I had to get back into the art room and try to get back into the swing of things.  Have two really busy days coming up cleaning the old house so we can get it listed and officially on the market, so needed a rest day and some fun.  

For whatever reason the thoughts I have been having in my head for my comeback picture have been about fantasy, so this WIP is going to be about the changing of a live person shot into a fantasy fairy.  This probably will really end up more being a study rather than a true picture as I am doing on paper and using watercolor and color pencil - two things I am really rusty at.

I liked the pose and the red hair on the woman in the reference photo.  But I have gone ahead and am trying to make some changes to make her more fairy-like and have her looking more directly out of the picture so you wonder what she is communicating.  I will go back in and work more on the background, maybe using pan pastels.  But I wanted to get the work in on her face first and see if I could pull that off, then, if so, I won't feel bad about putting in the effort to do the background.

I used some watercolors as the base for the background and her first skin tones, then covered it with layers of color pencils.  almost every project is somewhat of an experiment, so the color combinations are pretty radical.  Like I said, since it is going be mixed media, then pan pastels will probably be best option to soften and get the misty background I am looking for.  

I am starting to find things and put them into the studio.  Probably it is the cleanest it will ever be again.  But already, believe it or not, I can't find my electric sharpener.  I have another so have pressed it into action until the original one decides it wants to be found.  You know I thought when I packed them I would know where I put them - NOT!!

Hoping to find some additional time during the week to advance this a bit more.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
I love how you changed the direction she was looking. I hope you are going to show us progress shots. I can only imagine not being able to do art for as long as you have been packing and moving. I hope you settle in so you have lots of time to paint and create.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Joan, you and me both. I am ready to get with the program!!
hmuxo said…
Magical!!! I look forward to seeing this finished, Nelvia!!!
This could be a fairy from Lord of the Rings; I see her holding a sword to match the rather fierce expression. I look forward to seeing her finished. Glad you are taking some time to create, Nelvia - good job!
Jane said…
Moving/ selling is so stressful, but admirably you still find inspiration and time to do some art ! Love this subject , I'm sure she will be fantastic !
Sheila said…
Lovely! So looking forward to seeing your progression :) 8 WEEKS! yeah, not likely you would remember everything after so long. LOL. So glad you are able to create again Nelvia :)
Helen said…
Oh! So glad to see your work again!
sanpiseth40 said…
I enjoyed over read your blog post.
Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
ดูหนังออนไลน์

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo