Nix - Goddess of the Night

Here is Nyx, this Goddess of the Night I am calling complete.  Just got back from the old house and getting an unexpected repair done, took 2 days since the plumber stood us  up yesterday.  But at least right  now don't think I will have to go back for at least 7-10 days!!!

Since it is pouring rain, we have had almost 9" of rain in February, I decided not to start a new house organizing project and come play in the art room.  I know the burning question you are asking and the answer is still no, I haven't found those cookie sheets.  Where can they be hiding?

This acrylic piece has a lot of transparent white.  The dress was particularly fun to do and much easier than one would think.  I struggled most with the face and getting some proper colorization on her arm.  I also battled it out with the "almost there" leg.

Anyway, now I am going to go to a new project and not really sure what it will be right now as I have seen a couple of things that spark my interest.  I still have February's fairy to catch up on but not sure I want to start it right now - well, as they say, tomorrow is another day.  Maybe a time to curl up with a cup of tea and my videos!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Comments

Sheila said…
Yeah, I don't think it would be easy at all. :) Nicely done Nelvia! Soft and dreamy. One of these days you will have to share how you do your starry skies. Have fun, and my fingers are crossed ;)
A very unusual composition and you did a great job with it Nelvia. I like the dark cloud she is on and her gown is super. You may have had trouble with the skin tones but I think you got it right at the end. Super job!
Nelvia said…
Hey Sheila, in today's post I talked a bit about how I do the galaxy process, but if you want, message me your email and I will give you full process. Thanks for taking a look.
Nelvia said…
Yes I agree, that is one of the reasons I like it because it is so different, While it is serene it is dramatic. Did you have a chance to check out the Art Serpa's videos?

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo