dragon, fantasy, fairy WIP

Well been working and changing, and then changing more and have now reached my stopping point today.  But I think I am pretty much there in many areas, just really have to do the final tweaking on the little girl.  As always when I post something like this I see the changes so clearly on what I want to do and then even some I didn't think I needed to do.

Thanks Val, you are correct, I did get a little carried away with my block in on the grass and didn't have the tail attached correctly, hoping I corrected that now.

Also still working on how I want the direction of the dragon eyes to go.  Val, you suggested toward the girl and got to think about how I would do that.

Looking at this I think I am going to change up the neck lines on the left side of the dragon to more match the right side, not that way in the reference, but I don't like the way it is looking right now and I think it would help that left arm look a bit more sensible.  Ok, the more I look at it I see the correction that needs to be done to make it make sense.

Going to use my translucent white, one of my new favorite toys, on the girl's dress and got to add her wand.

Since I want the castle to look farther back do you think the best way to do so is to lighten it overall or should I just add more darks to the gate stone work?  Maybe just a couple of dark glazes over the gate and it would push that back a bit.    Bet if I do that first then I'll know what the answer is for the castle.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

It is looking really good Nelvia - having the tail fixed helps give the dragon an arrogant stance - lol. I agree that the left shoulder and arm need changing but I think you should leave the castle alone. I like the silhouette look! Are you planning a path of stones from the castle to the girl? - that might help with the distance and the gray marks do suggest that idea. This has to be one of the more complicated pieces you have done for a while - brave girl!
Sheila said…
Oh yeah, scales made a huge difference Nelvia! I think it is looking great! I think just the left eye needs to move a bit. I think the right eye is looking at her now. I love the path to the castle, and I think it is showing distance well.
I love the details we see on the wing on the right!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo