Fairy WIP and This and That

Grass is truly greener on our side of the fence

Cartoon and canvas for project

New art room space - not too messed up yet!!
Just an update on my project, got the cartoon finished.  So I put another coat of regular gesso on this canvas as it is pretty rough.  I added the cartoon and then put another coat of clear gesso over the top of the Saral drawing.  But, thought I would go ahead and post this for tomorrow since it is so humid here it is really drying slowly.  I even used the blow dryer and it is still kind of wet.  So I have to admit guys, you are my time fillers rather than me watch the paint dry.

I also included a pic of one of our neighbors, he happened to be the one closest to the fence.  You can see my whirl just in front of him.  This is all they do all day is scrounge that pasture and eat.  Always with their heads down.  They have their own schedule and show up in different parts of the pasture almost the same time each day.  Occasionally they will actually run across the pasture.  Yep, doesn't take too much to entertain me.

thought I would take a pic of my new art space.  It probably looks pretty similar to other pictures I have posted, but it is a bit more spacious as I have my bookcase in another room.  I intentionally set it up similar so it would feel natural.  A funny story, I thought I would be smart and just use 3M command strips to hang everything in this house.  So started with the curtain rod that hold my canisters of color pencils.  Wasn't too long before it came right off the wall and darn actually damaged the wall getting the stupid things off.  So now it is back in the wall with screws, but is staying up.  Good thing I know what to do with sparkle.   GRRR

Well thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
I love seeing other people's art spaces.
One of my favorite words...
at·el·ier /adlˈyā/ noun French origin
a workshop or studio, especially one used by an artist or designer.
Joan Tavolott said…
Love the cartoon with the dragon and the fairy...nice composition. Your art space looks great!!! It is fun to see where you work.
Sheila said…
Always fun to see where other artists work. LOve your abundance of space :) Fun neighbors, I would be watching them, just as often as I do Mingus. LOL :) Love the drawing that came from all those pieces ;) Have fun Nelvia :)
I have no objection to being a 'time filler' - lol. I expected a larger canvas with all the different elements that you planned to put in the picture. Aren't you a clever girl to get it all in one that size? Those 3M stickies can be a real pain - stick to screws, Nelvia!
Nelvia said…
I always enjoy seeing others workspace as well, never know when you are going to pick up good tips. Wouldn't it be really great to have an atelier in Paris? Sigh!!
Nelvia said…
I always worry about the compositions. I haven't studied that area really well, so never know for sure. Just tried here to get different planes. You will have to post your mobile studio for us to see, inside and out.
Nelvia said…
Yes, I am enjoying not being so cramped having all the frames, books etc. Moved stuff to the other bedroom and in the garage. I am sure though much of it will find its way back into messing up my room!!
Nelvia said…
You are one in a million Val!! Yes no more 3M strips on the wall, it likes the paper on the wall board too much - so going to put my strips up where I can hang pics and take them off easily. Just got to figure out where. Hoping I don't have it too crowded.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo