Energy acrylic figure study skateboarder

Energy
Hello from soggy Georgia.   Another inch of rain, more to come tomorrow, and water just standing in the streets, grass and everywhere.  So, decided I would try playing with some toys I don't usually use.  

The pipe was done using the sponge technique.  The scribbling white lines with a fineliner that I am trying to get the feeling for.  You squeeze really hard but not much comes out, and then it does!!  I wanted to have one for white and one for black as I thought it would be terrific for doing whiskers and fine line details that I always struggle with for color pencil, pastel, acrylics.  Anyway, I probably got a little carried away but it does help the allusion to energy cracking around this figure.

This is a figure study, inspiration started from my daily sketch site of a skateboarder, but ended using using a pixabay reference as I wanted a more active pose.  Changed up the shirt color, added dreadlocks for the hair so they could fly and added the energy aura around him.  

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Very cool! I like the sense of movement you got - great job. I have trouble with fine liners too - nothing at all then plop. I often just use a nib pen with thin paint. - You have been doing some terrific work Nelvia -
Joan Tavolott said…
I love the energy of this. Great idea adding the white lines around the figure. What kind of white fine liner are you using? I use a Uniball Signo white gel pen and it works nicely.
Sheila said…
Nelvia this is awesome! White lightning! And the movement in the pipe... I feel like I need to jump out of his way!
Can't believe it is still raining! We still have snow on the ground. It has stayed cold. :)
hmuxo said…
As always you caught beautiful movement in this painting, Nelvia. Have a nice day!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo