Girls Portrait ballpoint pen

Ballpoint Pen study
Google is still now allowing me to reply on comments - I don't know why, have tried everything - sorry, I do read and enjoy everything you write, honest!!

Well this is my second lesson and I wanted to get shaken out of my comfort zone.   Well, this one sure the heck did that.  Ballpoint pen - ekkkk!!!  pen, you can't erase, you are just stuck with the mistakes.   There is a huge one, can you find it?

Anyway, the teacher, Joan Martin, from South Africa, uses ballpoint pens to do a lot of her portraits.   When I say penS, I mean pens.  She uses 2 pens, one in each hand, and for the beginning of the portrait, she has the left hand follow her dominant right hand.   I thought, no way.   But it turns out it is a bit easier than I expected.   I also have watched Stefan Baumann where he also recommends you draw in your sketchbook with your left hand every five studies or doodles.  He claims it helps you draw better overall with your dominant hand and eye coordination.

Anyway, what do you think of this non-traditional portrait drawing?

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Sheila said…
With two hands?? Whoa! I can't find it. Very sweet this one ;)
This is super Nelvia. I remember that my grandfather used to draw with two hands but I have never tried it although I have worked with my left hand sometimes. As for your mistake - I see a few possibilities although I haven't seen your reference- the ear is too low, the jaw is off a bit and the eyebrows are different. As for being able to comment; many of us follow you on FB so why not use that? Have a great day.
carol edan said…
She is lovely! Love the cross scratching!
Joan Tavolott said…
I still can't imagine using both hands to do the one drawing. This came out really well! Bravo to you for trying something new. I've done some drawing with my non-dominant hand and it takes a lot of concentration.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo