The Rose acrylic figure study

The Rose
I have been working on figure drawing and found a website where it has very plain backgrounds, so it has been my challenge to try to do something that would make it more interesting.  When I saw this dress the first thing I thought of was a rose.  Of course the girl's expression is very dramatic as well, so I really liked the aspect of the story.

I have tried to paint roses in the past and have to say without a whole lot of success.  But I felt I needed the background roses to help depict in the viewers mind that the girl is a rose (notice, no thorns)  I have to say that I decided to just paint shapes and mixed about four different reds and am pretty pleased with the results.  I went with the bokeh background again as I think it added some interested and allows for pops of life and there is no wrong in where you put the circles or the size of the circles.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Wow, this is so neat, Nelvia. I like the background and the colours are super. I think you did a great job on the roses but the girl looks like she is floating in the air which is a bit strange. Maybe you need to add some shadow so it looks like she is sitting?
Sheila said…
WOW! That is what I said when the page opened ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo