женщина Acrylic Portrait

женщина
What, you might say?   Well, I am playing with you.  Don't ask me how to say it, but this mean Lady in Russian.   Why Russian?  Well you sure have lots of questions, don't you.   I am using this term because the photographer Russian, on PMP, Viacheslav.  If you are interested in still life he has some marvelous photos.  I grew up during the "cold war" and never could have imagined that one day we would be able to have Russian friends and speak with them very easily.  Social media really has revolutionized the world.

Anyway, since Sheila has been helping me in GIMP I have gained more confidence, sort  have been playing around and going a little crazy feeling like I won't break anything.  I felt like I wanted to do something in non-traditional colors, actually looked up some of the 2019 colors and decided to play around with the curves setting.  When I got to the fuchsias, turquoise and blues, I knew I found what I wanted to paint today.  By the way none of these are 2019 colors but there are really super ones that I am going to try to utilize.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
She’s beautiful Nelvia! The colors in her face are amazing.... and so unique.
Another wonderful piece.
carol edan said…
She is from the stars! Lovely!
Nelvia said…
Had to switch for this one back to acrylics as I needed the magenta, I combined with prussian/pthalo/ultramarine blues for the rest of the colors. I did use some transparent white, several layers to get some of the brighter areas of the face. I love that, lights it up, but doesn't really change the color as much as titanium
Nelvia said…
Yes, I have a thing now with galaxies and use them as much as I can
Wow! This is brilliant Nelvia; really taking things outside the box. Great colours and design.
Sheila said…
I love her galaxy. But forgive, I am seeing snow mixed in as well. Ha ha. I think, maybe not mean but determined. Someone tried to get over on her, and she's not having any of it! Beautiful work my friend :)
Joan Tavolott said…
The colors you selected give her such a wonderful glow. I like the background too that give this a very celestial look. Well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo