Straw Hat pastel woman portrait

Straw Hat
Got to say that the heat here has finally broken and I got to tell you it really changes my disposition.   Do you hear my husband clapping?   Anyway It really shouldn't be mid 90s in October.   Still no rain, but at least we can come and go outside without fainting.

So, I guess that has kind of encouraged me to get on an art roll.   Got lots of ideas, am making GIMP do some work for me and actually getting some results that I think I can repeat.  Also broke out a set of Gallery pastels that I have had hoarded for years, the Sennilers are next on the agenda.  

Tomorrow I am getting some things I ordered that should help organize my studio.  Have threatened to do for for a while and didn't spend the money.   But found some things (a plastic cube system with doors that you can make open any way you want, a rolling tray cart, that can function like drawers but is much lighter than all that fake-wood furniture) reasonably that I think will work, if so I will post pictures.   So I will have things torn up a bit, but think that at the end it will only help me locate things easier, faster and provide more protection.   The bonus is that the studio will look cleaner.   I am actually going to hang more things on the wall and pretend I am moving in to stay a while.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

laurelle said…
I love the way her straw hat becomes part of the background and the beautiful way you've painted her face...there's no doubt that your pastels are where your heart is.
carol edan said…
Love the light and textures! Truly an excellent portrait!
hmuxo said…
This is incredibly beautiful Nelvia!! You are definitely getting better with every painting you do! The way the straw hat blends into the background is the first thing I noticed. SO Well done! Her hair is absolutely outstanding!!! BRAVO, my friend!!!!
A super painting Nelvia - great colours and the impression of the hat is just brillian. Good luck with the studio organization!
Sheila said…
Oh yes, She's a hot one. On the beach somewhere trying to cool off but not quite managing to. This is wonderful Nelvia! Have fun with your organizing :) I hope it all works as planned.
Joan Tavolott said…
I like the dappled light on her face and the fact that the hat blends into the background. Nicely done!!! I hope you post photos of the items you purchased once they are in the studio.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo