Well darn another weekend has just flown by and tomorrow will be back at work.   Going to be August, now how did that happen?
Spent most of this weekend working on my yard cutting things back - today's adverture was a big pine tree that I have and keep the top in a ball shape.  Got way bigger than me as I didn't grab it in May when the candles came out so it got big and thick.
But did try to finish up my little girl along with watching some of the Olympics.  Debated on whether or not to post her as I am not thrilled but it's been a while since I did a human so guess I got to get back into practice.  I did try using a chamois to blend the skin tones, but I don't think I am using the right pencil hardness and will need to keep exploring that, since she is young she should have very light soft skin with no angles over her baby fat.  Will try some small formats to see how the colored pencil goes over the fixative that I'll put on top of the graphite and then might try her out.  But not happy now as I look with at the eyes and the mouth areas.  Also got to get some thicker paper that I can incise if I wanted to make her be a blonde.  But alas ...
Read about a new technique I'd like to try out but have to get some supplies before I can try it but lets you work with quite a bit of control and detail, yep right up my alley. I have a beautiful Cheetah from PMP that I have been eyeing for a while and will try to do that - there is also a Cloud Leopard that is calling my name there as well.
Well I hope you all have a great upcoming week, keep painting.  New picture for the Paint and Draw Together Challenge and this one I'm going to do - have gotten a bit lazy for the last few.

Comments

Eva said…
What a lovely portrait!!! Best regards
Alexander said…
As you soon will see, I know what you mean with skin problems on painting a young person. Eyes are really really difficult and to be honest I never really am satisfied with them on my persons. So under these circumstance I d say you did a great job (got to get rid of "really" in every other sentence). I am sure you again hit it on the spot with the facial expressions.
renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) How did your first working day go? I'm so glad you posted this little girl. She is so beautiful! You did such a great job on it! Love the hat and her face is wow. Very special! I hope there are more to follow!! Take care xx
Nelvia said…
Hi all, hoping you are all doing well. Yes a bit of trouble with her, after so many years there is so much to learn and do, and isn't that wonderful.
sidmar said…
Gorgeous portrait Nelvia, love how you did the eyes.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo