Well wanted a breather from dogs but ended up playing with another portrait, human variety this time.  Goal here is to do her in graphite and then spray with fixative and try layering colored pencils over her - have done that a long time ago and it gives a kind of pastelly-effect which I remembered I sort of liked.  So we'll see. 
Got a long way to go here just doing it in graphite.  Playing with lots of texture on her hat and have most of her features roughed in for placement.  Now that I'm thinking about it, as much work as it is, I might do something in an ACEO format and trying the layering over effect - see already chickening out.
Hope you all have a great painting week.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Hello Nelvia! A portrait so nice!
Is impressive even then not completely finished, as if the figure to emerge on the paper as a memory.
I admire the idea of doing an ACEO ... I have tried to challenge the DPW but I can not work so small.Happy painting!!!
Alexander said…
Hi, that is a good start. I bet children will turn out to be a great motive for you. And what is especially nice is that you can really draw sooo exactly. something I wish I had the skill and the patience. Very eager to await this one.
Nelvia said…
Thank you A, always a work and good practice. Funny not a big fan of having kids around al the time but do enjoy their innonence
It is looking wonderful Nelvia!!!
so sweet...looking forward to seeing it finished..
Caroline
renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) That a great idea; doing the portrait in graphite, then a fixative and then the colors. I'm going to try that for sure. Normaly I would do the fixative at last!
Your portrait is going to be perfect. What is the next thing you are going to surprise us with?
First have a well derserved nice holiday the two of you en enjoy everything!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo