Well this is another ACEO card in colored pencil, have to say it's not my best but I have learned some things to apply for the next time.  Got to work out my parrot techniques so I can be making a card to exchange with you  girlfriend, but using your parrot pic that you forwarded.  Got a long ways to go however and need to really work out the feather structure. 
It's so HOT, we broke an all time record yesterday 106F - so not much in the way of porch time.  Got lots more hot days coming, then a bit of a cool off we'll only be 97 - but that sounds pretty good right now.
Also have started another pose for Buddy that better exemplifies his look, so will be working on him during the coming week at those little odd moments.
Hope you all have a geat painting week.

Comments

renate said…
Dear Nelvia:) I feel so sorry for you and Paul. 106 F!! That's not funny anymore. Where do you sit? In house, it is of course also not hold out. You will have an HVAC, but after a week that also costs hands full of money. Here it is not very warm and the sun shows itself so now and then, but to be honest: I don't want to swap.
I like your parrot very much and certainly beautiful enough to swap. I find it so handsome as you draw all animals. On this Parrot I like the area around the eye very beautiful and the colors are beautiful! Just go ahead, your doing great! Lots of love xx
Alexander said…
apart from the fact that we here in austria too have a couple fo records broken (ard 100 F) you really gave a wonderful head to the parrot. the shine on top and the yellow throat ist really alive. a very nice bird, now you have dogs and macaws. :)
Rita Vaselli said…
Last weekend here 104 ° F in the shade ...
I saw a beautiful parrot like this in a gardening center, last saturday!
I admired the colors and beauty of plumage, the lines of the head... just as in your gorgeous work, Nelvia!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo